Curing Diseases Through Your Diet

Every week, news stories reveal that taking a particular herb, food or supplement can have a positive effect on our health. Many diseases can be reversed, controlled and cured if we change the way we eat or through other natural means.

Doesn't it make sense to learn how what we eat can help prevent and even cure such diseases. This blog is dedicated to providing such information directly and through valuable links and other resources.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Listen to Your Stomach - It is Trying to Warn You!

If you are sick or have an ongoing disease - there is a good chance that your health problems can be traced to what you have put into your stomach. Many diseases can be traced to these two conditions that face every American:

1) You are nutritionally deficient - your diet does not provide enough vitamins, minerals and other bio-substances to keep your cells and body healthy.

2) Your body is full of toxins. These toxins are in the food you eat and the water you drink. These poisons range from artificial sweeteners to heavy metals, jet fuel to monosodium glutamate.

I bet your stomach has been warning you about these health risks by being upset, having acid indigestion and other pains.

Growing up I ate milk and cereal for breakfast all the time. But as I got older I realized that milk gave me indigestion, but I was not lactose intolerant. What had happened? At the time, I did not know, but I did stop drinking milk and I stopped having heart burn.

Know I have learned that at some point in my childhood my parents switched from whole milk to homogenized milk. And guess what, they are not the same thing. Whole milk is a food, while homogenized milk is a man-made product. Homogenizing milk creates tiny molecules that when drunk, enter the bloodstream and scar the arteries. And this leads to heart disease.

My stomach warned me and I stopped drinking the modified milk. What is your stomach warning you about? If your having heart burn and other stomach problems, you need to change what you are eating.

Yes, I mean, whole, organic foods. This includes organic meats as well as fruits, vegetables and organic treats like dark chocolate. Your stomach know what is good for the body, listen to it.

No comments: