Six Snacks that Help Lose the Pregnancy Weight
Getting time to eat can be hard in the hectic schedule of a new mom. Sometimes it's just easier to get some takeout or a bag of chips but if you want to lose the pregnancy weight then try one of these six snacks.
1. Spinach - Spinach was a Popeye staple for a reason - it has a ton of calcium which helps build strong bones and muscles. This dark leafy green has high amounts of vitamin K that helps with keeping our blood healthy. Try Spinach in a simple salad with eggs and cheese.
2. Almonds - Almonds are known for their "good fat" which is monounsaturated. This helps lower cholesterol but almonds are also a great source of protein and of fiber. Try them in a trail mix or with your salad.
3. Blueberries - These fantastic fruits boost your immune system with their litany of vitamins and minerals. A great source of antioxidants, they are said to be age reversing. So moms should load up to look younger and burn the baby fat. Try them in a low fast milkshake.
4. Avocados - Another wonderful antioxidant, avocados will help lose the pregnancy weight quickly. The vital vitamin E will help clear up your skin and avocados have more than double the amount of potassium than bananas do. My favorite way to eat them is mashed up with some lemon juice, tomatoes, onions and spices in a guacamole.
5. Oatmeal - Everyone knows that oatmeal is a great source of fiber but it's also a staple in losing weight. This potent meal will keep you fuller longer and this will help you to lose the pregnancy weight fast. Try it in the mornings with milk, honey or a handful of fruit.
6. Peanut Butter - Peanut butter is a great source of protein. It contains healthy fats and is low in calories but high in vitamin B, which will give you more energy to burn that baby fat. Try it with jam on toast, which is another childhood staple.
No matter which of the six snacks you choose to eat, remember that to lose the pregnancy weight effectively you still have to exercise. Incorporate your healthy snacks into a good physical fitness routine and you'll burn the baby fat in no time.