Curing Diseases Through Your Diet

Every week, news stories reveal that taking a particular herb, food or supplement can have a positive effect on our health. Many diseases can be reversed, controlled and cured if we change the way we eat or through other natural means.

Doesn't it make sense to learn how what we eat can help prevent and even cure such diseases. This blog is dedicated to providing such information directly and through valuable links and other resources.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Negative Calorie Foods - Lose Weight By Eating

I love grapefruits and have since I was a kid. I generally have a grapefruit with breakfast everyday. What I didn't know until recently was that eating grapefruits was helping me to maintain my optimum weight.

It turns out that a grapefruit is a negative calorie food. A negative calorie food is any food product that causes the body to burn more calories to digest and process (accessing the nutrients) than the number of calories that food provides to the body. If a food contains, say 10 calories, but it takes 11 calories or more to digest it, it is a negative calorie food.

My grapefruit helps me to maintain a daily calorie balance by compensating for the calories contained in something else I will eat. Of course, I am also getting some vitamin C, fiber and other nutrients from the fruit.

There are many Negative Calorie Foods, which you can add to your diet to help you maintain or lose weight. Such foods include apples, onions, cucumbers, chili - about 100 food items that are readily available to most consumers. Beyond helping you lose weight, these foods are good for you in many other ways, providing anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins, fiber, etc.

If you are interested in learning more about Negative Calorie Foods, I recommend the Negative Calorie Foods & Recipes e-Book, it contains, a list of negative calorie foods, recipes and diet plans. For more information, click here.

No comments: