While I am leery of such hyperbole, there is no doubt in my mind that high quality fish oil supplements offer excellent health benefits.
Here is an overview of several benefit:
1. Better Intelligence and Brain Performance - Omega 3 fish oil has been recognized to have positive effects on memory, recall, reasoning, and focus. It can even help prevent of slow down the onset of Alzheimer's and senility. It is also beneficial for pregnant and lactating moms since it is said to have positive effects on a baby's intelligence.
2. Minimal Pain During Inflammation - Omega 3 fatty acids help control the inflammatory response of the body. This helps prevent and relieve arthritis, prostatitis, cystitis or other inflammatory conditions. Less inflammation means less pain.
3. Fewer Chances for Depression - Fish oil gives you more benefits than just improved brain development. Research shows that omega 3 fatty acids eliminates or lessens mental distress including that due to bipolar, depression and schizophrenia type conditions.
4. Regulates Blood Pressure - Omega 3 oils have been shown to do marvelous things for the cardiovascular system, which includes the heart, arteries and veins. It can also lower blood pressure.
5. Dropped Cholesterol and Triglycerides - Cholesterol, LDLs and triglycerides will also drop down. Simultaneously, good HDLs go up. This can lead to a longer, healthier life.
6. Prevention of Heart Attack and Stroke - A blood clot originates as a plaque that breaks loose from the arterial walls. It may travel to the brain and cause a stroke. Clots can also block the arteries and lead to a heart attack. Fish oil is capable of breaking blood clots before it can bring about any damage.
7. Lesser ADD, ADHD and Dyslexia - A study for alternative treatments that may be used on ADHD proved that children (and adults, too) having ADD or ADHD showed significant improvement for their condition with omega 3. Actually, those who have dyslexia, dyspraxia and compulsive disorders got a new lease in life.
8. Defense Against Cancer - Omega 3 has been revealed to help prevent breast, colon, lung and prostate cancer. According to research, it can achieve these preventative results in three ways. By stopping the alteration of a normal healthy cell to cancerous tumor, by preventing unwanted cell growth, and killing cancer cells directly.
9. Younger Skin and Healthy Hair - Fish oil has a beneficial effect on the health of your skin and hair.
Of course, Fish oil supplements are not the be-all of cures, but it has a great potential of helping you prevent particular diseases and conditions! If you cannot eat fish directly, make fish oil supplements a part of your daily diet.
Authority for this article is Michael Byrd whose website has more information about fish oil, visit fish oil for more info.